The Facts - Cancer Free!

Diagnosis: One quarter-size malignant tumor
Location: Lower lobe of left lung
Treatment: Surgery & Chemotherapy - Successful!
Prognosis: Excellent
Chance of Recurrence: Small
In case you haven't heard, Rhonda has been declared cancer free by her oncologist!!!

Thank you to all the friends and family who have expressed their concern, support, and encouragement. Praise the Lord that Rhonda's tumor was found early. The process of diagnosis and planning treatment went quickly in March, and recovery from surgery progressed smoothly across April. The four months of chemotherapy ended in mid-September. Now, on to recovery from the chemo. The doctor says it may take up to six months for Rhonda to regain her physical strength, so please keep praying!

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Tomorrow is the DAY!

I feel like a teenager that's been grounded for 6 weeks and tomorrow is Freedom Day!  The car keys will come back into my possession and I can start to make short trips around town.  Yippee!! It's so aggravating to think "I'll just run down to the store and buy some milk" and then realize, NO, you won't.  I know dozens of you have offered to run errands or drive me around, but it just seems like a huge imposition when it's for little things.  The challenge will be to not over do it in the beginning.  If you see me out and about the next few days be sure to have on your sunglasses so my smile doesn't dazzle you!

Katie drove me (of course) to Lake Jackson Intermediate School today to pick up some files so I could work on lesson plans.  This is the first week of my lower white count, so I wore in a surgical mask to keep the kids away.  I only heard one comment about "swine flu" in the hall and hope people don't go home and start rumors.  Can't you see the headlines now? 


Teacher Exposes School Children to Swine Flu

The television stations will be parked out front and my name will be mud for sure!  Film at 10:00 pm.

We picked the right day to go - I found out today was the PTO Teacher Appreciation Lunch and Katie and I stayed for Mexican food.  It was great to see everyone from my usual lunch period and made me feel a little less isolated from what is going on out there.  

Please keep the prayers and thoughts coming.  The next 14 weeks still loom ahead when I think about them and I'm working not to be discouraged about it.  One day at a time!

Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave an encouraging comment for Rhonda. Thanks for your support!