The Facts - Cancer Free!

Diagnosis: One quarter-size malignant tumor
Location: Lower lobe of left lung
Treatment: Surgery & Chemotherapy - Successful!
Prognosis: Excellent
Chance of Recurrence: Small
In case you haven't heard, Rhonda has been declared cancer free by her oncologist!!!

Thank you to all the friends and family who have expressed their concern, support, and encouragement. Praise the Lord that Rhonda's tumor was found early. The process of diagnosis and planning treatment went quickly in March, and recovery from surgery progressed smoothly across April. The four months of chemotherapy ended in mid-September. Now, on to recovery from the chemo. The doctor says it may take up to six months for Rhonda to regain her physical strength, so please keep praying!

Sunday, November 15, 2009

We'll be seeing you...

I've been informed that since I started this thing I get to finish it. I think Mom & Dad said at some point that they were impressed with how tech savvy all of you are blogging and all. For the record, I believed in you from the beginning. This project started as a way to streamline communication and be sure the real facts were out there and easily accessible. It became a wonderful way for Mom to share her thoughts and for all of you to share your encouragement. This is officially the last post, a few closing thoughts from this blog administrator.

If I counted right, today is almost 8 months to the day from when we found out about Mom's tumor. Her team at St. Luke's was great, but doctors can only heal so much. This journey would have been much harder without the prayers, bright encouragement, listening ears, humor, and multitude of meals that you all and others have provided. Thanks for loving us well and walking what seemed like a small eternity with us.

It's tempting to say that God is more good or more faithful or to praise Him more because Mom's news was good and not devastating. We often do it unconsciously, I did it Friday, but by doing so we undercut the greater truth. That God is good all the time, regardless of circumstance. He is good and faithful to those who are healed and those who will die of their illness. In these 8 months God has showed us over and over again His unfailing love, the steadfast truth of His Word, His mercy, kindness, and protection. We praise Him for who He is. His promises are true every day, good and bad, and that's great news.

I've read the Psalms a lot since March. I wanted to end with some of God's great promises I've been holding on to this year. May we taste & see that He is good in every season of our lives. We'll be seeing you around.

"You are a hiding place for me; you preserve me from trouble;
you surround me with shouts of deliverance."
(Ps 32:7)

"When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles.
The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.
Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all."
(Ps 34:17-18)

"Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good!
Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!
Oh, fear the Lord , you his saints,
for those who fear him have no lack!"
(Ps 34:8-9)

"You make known to me the path of life;
in your presence there is fullness of joy;
at your right hand are pleasures forevermore."
(Ps 16:11)

"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice."
(Philippians 4:4)

2 comments:

  1. I think we have all appreciated this blog as a way to stay in touch with Rhonda even though we couldn't actually be with her at times. I have always enjoyed reading Rhonda's view of things - she always seems to see thing from a humorous angle that most of us miss. I am sad that there won't be anymore of Rhonda's wisdom to read but I am very happy that the reason for the blog is gone. We very happy she will be back with us in the new year. Yes, God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, reading these blogs was an inspiring story of a friend I hold dear. In the darkest night each message brought a light of hope. You should publish these...it brought such peace and joy to me, it should be shared with others, not matter their circumstances.
    Love,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave an encouraging comment for Rhonda. Thanks for your support!