The big news, of course, is that Katie is an official Former Student of Texas A&M. Whoop! She graduated Friday with about 1500 of her closest friends - and that was just one of five graduation ceremonies that took place over a two day period. Almost 6,000 students graduated this semester. During the "rather lengthy" ceremony we sat and tried to estimate the amount of tuition that was represented on the floor. Mind boggling! She will be moving to Houston in August to begin working on a Masters of Public Health and a dietetic internship at the University of Texas Health Sciences School of Public Health. Say that 5 times fast...
It was a hard weekend, physically, for me but I survived and made it home to my own bed again. That became my entire focus before we were through. "Must sleep in my own bed, must sleep in my own bed". David and the kids worked hard to get their rent house packed up and into the storage unit in College Station or into the U-Haul truck that David drove home. My living room looks like that U-Haul threw up in it. Oh wait - it did! If you come to see me this week be prepared to tiptoe through piles and don't stray from the beaten path. We might not find you again. However, I'm SURE things will begin to improve immediately. Right, kids???
I'm not certain why I'm awake in the middle of the night tonight, but I guess I'd better stop and try to get some sleep before my treatment later today. Katie is driving me into Houston this time and it's another short treatment. We'll let you know how it goes.
Love,
Rhonda
I will pray for you that not only does the U-haul explosion get dealt with quickly but that the opinions that have rejoined the house will blend together well with much love and patience for each other.
ReplyDeleteCongrats to the graduate. Iknow you will be happy to have them home. Liz also moved home and there is also dorm residue throughout the whole house. Robbie is four doors down and with me at work so we are a little too close for comfort I am sure. But I am glad they are here and will enjoy my days. I am hoping the white cell count comes up and that treatments remain on schedule. What a year! You are one of the bravest people I know and the Lord has certainly used you as an instrument of His glory.
ReplyDeleteLorelai, Meg's daughter is still in Neonatal ICU, but she has gained 2 ounces which they assure me is excellent for a baby in this condition. She weighs all of 3 pounds 2 ounces now. No change in her condition except that she is still here and that is a marvelous sign.
Counting down the school days....
Later my friend,
Melissa
Rhonda,
ReplyDeleteThe wig looks good. The color match is great!
Don, Megan and I just returned on Tuesday late from Nick,s graduation. Everyone in MO said Hi.
Have a good Memorial Day Weekend.
Love,
Aunt Sue