I'm sorry I haven't been blogging lately but I was in a real snit after they wouldn't do my treatment last week. Someone asked me on Wednesday if the pity party was still going on and I was able to answer "YES!" I went on to whine about feeling out of control of my life because others dictated when I did what and the chemo dictated how I felt... blah, blah, blah. My friend very sweetly said, "Of course you're not in control - God is." Ouch. She was so right and I was so wrong and I'm thankful that she felt like she could rein me in when I needed it! By the way, Brad Dawson, I didn't sleep through your sermon last Sunday morning on the sin of self-sufficiency. I was just struggling to admit you were talking to me! So the attitude adjustment has taken place and hopefully will hold for a while.
There were good things about no treatment. I was able to go to school, submit my grades and help pack up my room for the summer. Lesia and Susan Golden had already done most of it and they may have to help unpack in the fall so I know where everything is! I was also able to attend the faculty lunch (never pass up a free meal!) and help send Kathy Albert off into retirement. She was grinning from ear to ear and the rest of us were jealous. When I was a senior at Brazoswood High School, Kathy was a new homemaking teacher on our campus. She helped me hand tailor a wool coat (because everyone on the Gulf Coast needs one) so I could enter the Make It With Wool Contest. We go WAAAAAYYYY back and I'm going to miss knowing we're under the same roof at school.
Danny Massey, my principal, let me have a minute to thank the faculty on Friday. I don't know if I made sense while doing it, but I'd like to share the same thought with everyone else. Scripture says you're more blessed when you give than when you receive. I've learned over the past three months (has it only been three??) that it's also easier to give than it is to receive. God has really had to beat me over the head with the fact that when I say no to people I am robbing them of a blessing that He has in store for them. So when you call and offer to help me don't be impatient when I hesitate. You just need to realize God and I are having the same conversation - AGAIN. Isn't it wonderful He is so patient and allows do-overs?
That's it for now. Hopefully I'm not going to have any more delays and the rest of the summer will go smoothly. Even though we won't be able to venture far from home and Houston we have several events going on including a Astros game BEHIND HOME PLATE. My wonderful husband purchased 4 tickets at a silent auction and we're 20 rows up from the action when they play St. Louis in July. Bring on the anti-nausea medicine!
Love to all,
Rhonda
Glad to hear you were able to have your treatment! I was saying a prayer for you from school today!
ReplyDeletePlease keep in mind that you are blessing us by being so strong and still funny through this hole thing. I think you are amazing and feel very blessed to have you as a friend - hair or no hair!!!
ReplyDelete