The Facts - Cancer Free!

Diagnosis: One quarter-size malignant tumor
Location: Lower lobe of left lung
Treatment: Surgery & Chemotherapy - Successful!
Prognosis: Excellent
Chance of Recurrence: Small
In case you haven't heard, Rhonda has been declared cancer free by her oncologist!!!

Thank you to all the friends and family who have expressed their concern, support, and encouragement. Praise the Lord that Rhonda's tumor was found early. The process of diagnosis and planning treatment went quickly in March, and recovery from surgery progressed smoothly across April. The four months of chemotherapy ended in mid-September. Now, on to recovery from the chemo. The doctor says it may take up to six months for Rhonda to regain her physical strength, so please keep praying!

Monday, June 1, 2009

Totally and Completely Disgusted

No chemo today because of a scheduling miscommunication.  It's frustrating to psych yourself up for a long treatment and then not get to have it.  I had been going on Mondays but had to shift last week because of the Memorial Day holiday.  They told me I could go back to Mondays and I thought they meant this Monday, they meant next.  I'm sure I'm the one who wasn't listening or asking the right questions, but it didn't make it any easier to leave without accomplishing something.  This really pushes me back into the start of school in August, which I really wanted to avoid.

Katie had already planned to visit the Museum of Natural Science while I was having my treatment, so we both toured the Terra Cotta Warriors exhibit.  It was fascinating and we really enjoyed it.  Luckily, we were there early and were finished about the time the school field trips started showing up.  We beat a hasty retreat after that!

I don't expect there to be much to report this week, but maybe I'll get that requested photo up.  You know, the one with my reading glasses and bandana!

Rhonda


3 comments:

  1. I'm here....reading and praying and sharing your frustration. Here's my new favorite saying..."you want me to knock a knot on their head?" I'll do it....I'm old now...can't run too fast, but I like to think I'm intimidating. (yeah right)
    With love,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Up during the night and wondered if you were up too. Hope and pray you are asleep and experiencing God's peace.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhonda
    It IS frustrating, isn't it. I have helped a young man with oral cancer get radiation treatment daily for 6 weeks. Occassionally, everything goes well; but most often, you wait, wait some more, and it seems to happen too often...the machine shuts down!!
    In a rare moment of sensitivity, I actually was listening to God when His Spirit encouraged me to just be in the moment. So I started living in those moments and getting out of them what was there. It was wonderful...but still, I wasn't the one getting blased with the radiation and the awful physical ramifications that followed.

    I am glad you chose to spend that time with Katie at the musuem. Shared moments become more precious with time.

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave an encouraging comment for Rhonda. Thanks for your support!