After much debate, prayer and banging of common sense into my head it's been decided that I won't start the school year at the end of the month. I will still have at least 4 more treatments to go when classes begin and my low immune system doesn't need to be exposed to everyone's back-to-school colds. Once treatments are finished it will take a few weeks for the chemicals and side effects to leave my system, so the plan is for Deborah Williams to teach my classes the first 6-9 weeks of school. It feels really strange knowing I won't be there for the first day of school after all these years. My internal clock will probably spring some sprocket and I'll still inhale my lunch in fifteen minutes. Who knows what it will do to my teacher bladder!
I've been working on lesson plans the past week and have my beginner level class lined out. I still have to work on the second level class, so the rest of you shouldn't be jealous that you're doing lesson plans and I'm not! The hardest part is explaining to someone what you do the first few days of school. Tap dancing comes to mind... The bottom line is that all you LJI teachers out there need to watch out for Deborah and hold her hand, especially the first week through all those "warm body counts", schedule changes, grade level assemblies, etc.
Love to all,
Sulky Rhonda
Hang in there, kiddo (That means each and every one of you).
ReplyDeleteJohnny has a new job, and Sean has begun working on his car, a 68 Dodge Polara! Be in prayer for us all, as we continue to pray for you and yours.
Ronnie, Carla and Caleb will be heading to the beach, probably Surfside, this weekend for a few days.
Cindy and/or I will be taking Jessica home Sunday or Monday, meeting Rhonda and Dennis on 59 somewhere south of Houston. Dennis is recovering nicely from shoulder surgery and should start therapy this week.
As we are driving nearby (as a Texan measures distance, you know), we will wave and shout, so keep your eyes and ears open!
Love you all,
Lee
Try to look at the bright side (no, my name is not Pollyanna)
ReplyDelete1. You can sleep whenever you want
2. you can be on FB as much as you want
3. You can eat whenever you want
4. You can go to the bathroom whenever you need to
5. You can watch TV (although it can lower your IQ depending on what you watch)
6. You won't miss any afternoon Astros games (not sure if that is good or bad at this point)
7. You can read a book that doesn't have to do with education
8. you can play computer games as much as you want
9. You can quilt as much as you want
10. You could organize all your photos that are stuffed in boxes.
I think God is reminding you that patience is a good thing whether you want it or not. As I have lectured my kids over the years, you may not have a choice about the situation you are in but you do have a choice about your attitude. No, things are not going like you want them to but it is all going according to the "grand plan." Trust - all things happen for a reason. We just don't know what it is sometimes.
(End of Mom Lecture 102A)
Love and Prayers, Anne
sorry to hear you are fighting cancer. Keep fighting, Rhonda! You can win this battle!
ReplyDeleteJanetta (Hill) Rodriguez
I know how you feel when I had to miss 6 weeks for my back surgery a couple of years ago...you feel very weird and very guilty and very left out. You won't be up on the latest 8th grade romances or break-ups. It took me weeks to recover. That class still talks about when "mean old Mrs. Seivers" took over. It is the stuff of Junior High legends.
ReplyDeleteWe are back at it. Kids came back today. Much too soon. The local high school had a complete power outage and had to dismiss before noon. We are hoping for the same tomorrow.
Praying for you all every day!
Philipians 4: 4-9 always helps me.
Love,
Melissa