The Facts - Cancer Free!

Diagnosis: One quarter-size malignant tumor
Location: Lower lobe of left lung
Treatment: Surgery & Chemotherapy - Successful!
Prognosis: Excellent
Chance of Recurrence: Small
In case you haven't heard, Rhonda has been declared cancer free by her oncologist!!!

Thank you to all the friends and family who have expressed their concern, support, and encouragement. Praise the Lord that Rhonda's tumor was found early. The process of diagnosis and planning treatment went quickly in March, and recovery from surgery progressed smoothly across April. The four months of chemotherapy ended in mid-September. Now, on to recovery from the chemo. The doctor says it may take up to six months for Rhonda to regain her physical strength, so please keep praying!

Thursday, August 13, 2009

What Cancer Cannot Do

I found a great Anonymous quote I thought I'd share today.

What Cancer Cannot Do

Cancer is so limited...
It cannot cripple love.
It cannot shatter hope.
It cannot corrode faith.
It cannot destroy peace.
It cannot kill friendship.
It cannot suppress memories.
It cannot silence courage.
It cannot invade the soul.
It cannot steal eternal life.
It cannot conquer the spirit.

4 comments:

  1. How true! I think Rhonda is proof of all that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing can conquer your spirit!! I met with your buddy, Mr. Dawson, yesterday. Have you seen his hair? We are working on an after school club to get some of the youth ministers connected with kids. We miss you.

    Danny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quote! I think it symbolizes your spirit and the strength you have shown in handling this challenge!

    Sharon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Rhonda,

    I hope you are having a good Friday. We are thinking of you today. I was putting some slides togather for Staff Development next week and several of the slides are about "who we are to each other here at LJIS" As you know, the teachers at this school have made this place a very special place to come to work everyday. You have been very instrumental in creating that culture and climate of caring for each other that exists here.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave an encouraging comment for Rhonda. Thanks for your support!