The Facts - Cancer Free!

Diagnosis: One quarter-size malignant tumor
Location: Lower lobe of left lung
Treatment: Surgery & Chemotherapy - Successful!
Prognosis: Excellent
Chance of Recurrence: Small
In case you haven't heard, Rhonda has been declared cancer free by her oncologist!!!

Thank you to all the friends and family who have expressed their concern, support, and encouragement. Praise the Lord that Rhonda's tumor was found early. The process of diagnosis and planning treatment went quickly in March, and recovery from surgery progressed smoothly across April. The four months of chemotherapy ended in mid-September. Now, on to recovery from the chemo. The doctor says it may take up to six months for Rhonda to regain her physical strength, so please keep praying!

Monday, August 17, 2009

No Chemo, But One More Down

No chemo today. My white cell count is too low so I'm considered at "moderate" risk for infection and should avoid sick people. How much fun can THAT be?? The only thing different this time is that we are going to skip today's short treatment all together and go to the next long one next week. That keeps me basically on my current schedule and means I'm down to 4 total treatments. The doctor told me previously that if they can get 80-90% of the treatments done they feel like it's as effective as the whole series. I certainly hope she's right, but at this point I just want to be through.

Lesia took me this morning and we went by and scoped out Katie's new apartment. A lot of it is still in boxes, but it's starting to shape up and looks good. The three of us ate lunch at Benihana's downtown as my consolation prize! Since I didn't have a treatment today I should feel pretty good toward the end of the week. Maybe I'll try to make some headway on this house. Maybe!

I don't know why I have this lovely blue border on here, but does sort of spiffy up the place. Some techno person tell me the answer!

Love, Rhonda






4 comments:

  1. Did you copy and paste from another document like an email?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that! At least they are going to let you skip! Do you have any pics of Katie's new place??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon - I didn't take pictures. I'll make some when I'm up there next Monday. Maybe they'll have it more together by then!

    Anne - yes, I did copy and paste you smart thing you. Thanks!
    Of course the feng shui has changed. I'm just not sure which direction! All I know is that it's easier to walk through the living room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Rhonda,

    I missed you yesterday. We are thinking about you!!
    Danny

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave an encouraging comment for Rhonda. Thanks for your support!