Hello Everyone!
Today is my CT scan day. I'm going to have "photos" taken from my neck to my knees today to be certain no more tumors are lurking anywhere. I see the doctor next Monday to get the results. If everything is clear then I can schedule out-patient surgery to have my portal cath removed. YEA! I'll be glad to see it go, but don't look forward to surgery again, no matter how brief.
Yesterday David and I made a quick trip to College Station to take Kevin out to eat for his birthday. It's hard to believe he's already 20. Time does fly where some things are concerned. It was the most time I've spent in a car in one day since my surgery. By the time we got home I felt like someone had beaten me with a stick, but a good night's sleep helped a lot. I have to remind myself that the doctor said 4 weeks to get rid of all the chemicals and THEN 4-6 weeks to build stamina. I'm afraid I'm impatient and anxious to feel better right now.
The decision has been made, jointly and by many people, that I will stay home from work until the beginning of the new year. Deborah Williams is doing a FABULOUS job as my substitute and I appreciate her so much. She probably won't appreciate ME about the time she has to put 28 kids on 24 sewing machines and teach them how to sew. Not an easy task, but I know she's up to it. She had years of 4H training and it will pull her through!
My Sunday School class continues to bring meals to the house and we appreciate them so much. Like I said, the stamina thing is still a challenge so not having to cook as often has been great. Thanks, Ladies!
Love, Rhonda
The Facts - Cancer Free!
Diagnosis: One quarter-size malignant tumor
Location: Lower lobe of left lung
Treatment: Surgery & Chemotherapy - Successful!
Prognosis: Excellent
Chance of Recurrence: Small
In case you haven't heard, Rhonda has been declared cancer free by her oncologist!!!
Monday, October 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I check often on your status...just wanted to let you know you're not forgotten in Lufkin. Praying that all the tests will be clear....
ReplyDeleteWe love you guys...
Susan & Andy