The Facts - Cancer Free!

Diagnosis: One quarter-size malignant tumor
Location: Lower lobe of left lung
Treatment: Surgery & Chemotherapy - Successful!
Prognosis: Excellent
Chance of Recurrence: Small
In case you haven't heard, Rhonda has been declared cancer free by her oncologist!!!

Thank you to all the friends and family who have expressed their concern, support, and encouragement. Praise the Lord that Rhonda's tumor was found early. The process of diagnosis and planning treatment went quickly in March, and recovery from surgery progressed smoothly across April. The four months of chemotherapy ended in mid-September. Now, on to recovery from the chemo. The doctor says it may take up to six months for Rhonda to regain her physical strength, so please keep praying!

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fisherman Dave



Our big adventure of the week was surf fishing on Saturday. About a dozen people met on Bryan Beach a mile from the mouth of the Brazos River. We cooked hot dogs over the bonfire and a lot of fishing went on. David caught a 37" bull red, the biggest he's ever caught! Some one else caught a 36" one and we ended up with both of them, plus several other smaller fish because no one else wanted them. It took David a long time to get them all cleaned and packaged, but we'll be having fish for a while. I'm already looking for different recipes to try out so we don't have to always eat fish prepared the same way. The photo is compliments of Mike Golden and the sunset was beautiful that day.


Physical Therapy - nice people doing mean things to others. That's my definition! I had my first day of therapy Tuesday and it wore me out. That's a pitiful description since anyone watching would have laughed at how little I did. I rode the exercise bike for a whopping 5 minutes, practiced stepping on and off a raised wooden platform and threw a weighted ball while attempting to balance on a foam rubber surface. There were a few other things in there, but nothing earth shattering or hard. So why did I leave feeling like someone ran over me?? I'm afraid I'm still a long way from standing all day while demonstrating how to make a pie crust!

I see the pulmonary specialist next Monday, Nov 2nd, to check on my bronchitis and then I have my PET scan the next Monday. Later that week Lynnette Martin and I are going to the Nutcracker Market in Houston. That should be a physical therapy workout all by itself and my goal is to stay out of the backseat of patrol cars. Read last week's blog if you missed that story! So, life is seldom dull in the course of chemo recovery. I can always count on doctor appointments to liven things up!

Love, Rhonda

1 comment:

  1. Life is never dull with you anyway and that is the way I like it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave an encouraging comment for Rhonda. Thanks for your support!