The living room feng shui has shifted again as THE MOVE has begun. The back seats of my van have been removed and now reside in front of the fireplace. I haven't been outside to see how they managed to got all those boxes in there. In true college fashion all this took place between 9 pm and 11 pm. They leave tonight after Kevin finishes his last day at Firestone so they can get as much done before the heat in College Station hits the broiling stage tomorrow. I wanted to go and help put Kevin's kitchen together, but I was voted down.
I will see some of you up at the school in the next few days. I still have to unpack my room although Katie has already done most of the heavy lifting and carrying. It will be really strange when everyone goes back to work next week and I don't. I know we all laugh and talk about not going back but it's a strange feeling when it really happens. Will I automatically go stand in a hallway at 7:50 when my inner bell goes off? Will I still inhale my lunch and wait for my bladder to stretch to the bursting point? I guess I'll find out soon enough. I know you'll all be holding your breath until you find out!
The cat is walking back and forth over my feet and carrying on like she hasn't eaten in a week. She will soon be moving to Houston, too, and our morning arguments will come to an end. She's siamese and has quite a vocabulary to go with her vocal cords. Since Katie sleeps upstairs, the cat figured out years ago that David and I were closer to the morning food. I guess she also knows I've run out of things to say and it trying to save all of you from boredom!
Have a good day and teachers enjoy the last two days of your summer break.
Rhonda
Come to school to VISIT if you are up for that. I will get your room set up. Don't worry about that. NHJS kids are already lined up to help on Friday.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear things are going better even if they are not going as fast as you would like. Hope they continue in the same speed. We will miss having your humorous outlook around school for the first few weeks. I bet we could take up a collection for you of papers to grade so that you don't feel too left out. Just a thought...
ReplyDelete