This is the week Katie and Kevin start moving out. At the moment my living room/dining room has this look - I'm calling it the feng shui of moving. Katie bought a large arm chair for her apt. bedroom and it's sitting in the corner of my dining room. That means my dining table is off center against the right wall. The redeeming factor is that David placed a beautiful arrangement of white roses and carnations in the middle of the table. (yes, last week was pretty bad!) Kevin lived with Katie last year, which means he really has nothing to put in an apartment of his own. Katie and I went to WalMart (shudder) and bought basic pantry needs and cleaning supplies. They're all sitting in white WalMart bags in the living room floor in front of the television. We can only hope they get used. If anyone would like help with their own feng shui, feel free to call us - experts live here!
Katie starts moving into her Houston apartment Friday, and we were able to get inside it today after my treatment. It's so clean and fresh smelling. The sun was shining through the windows into the empty rooms, and it was easy for both of us to get excited about her moving in. Heck, she can stay here and I'll move in! You know I need to use that lap pool and exercise room. Actually, the young long-legged man who "walked" us down to the unit just about ran me into the ground. You would think my semi-bald head (I went with the top down today) and raspy breathing sounds would have clued him in to the situation. I might have asked him to slow down if I'd had enough air to talk! My anemia gives me shortness of breath so I expect to be running marathons after my transfusion.
That's all, folks. Keep those cards and prayers coming in, we really appreciate them.
Love, Rhonda
Hi all--Yes, it was me asking Katie about you and how last week was going. I think I am addicted to the postings and when I don't hear, I start wondering. So sorry your week wasn't great, but the roses must be a nice treat...Good work David!! Your downstairs sounds like my upstairs and garage. I never knew children would "need" us for so long...gotta love 'em!! Just wanted to say "hang in there" for many, many of us continue to hold you all up to the Lord in prayer. Missy ( by the way, I am particularly proud of my anonymous title...I never could figure this thing out)
ReplyDelete