The Facts - Cancer Free!

Diagnosis: One quarter-size malignant tumor
Location: Lower lobe of left lung
Treatment: Surgery & Chemotherapy - Successful!
Prognosis: Excellent
Chance of Recurrence: Small
In case you haven't heard, Rhonda has been declared cancer free by her oncologist!!!

Thank you to all the friends and family who have expressed their concern, support, and encouragement. Praise the Lord that Rhonda's tumor was found early. The process of diagnosis and planning treatment went quickly in March, and recovery from surgery progressed smoothly across April. The four months of chemotherapy ended in mid-September. Now, on to recovery from the chemo. The doctor says it may take up to six months for Rhonda to regain her physical strength, so please keep praying!

Friday, July 3, 2009

Friday - Strength Conditioning Day 3

Yes, I know I skipped Day 2.  I didn't think it was "blog worthy" to tell you I climbed the stairs TWICE yesterday. Some things you just don't want to brag about.

Today, however, I put on my infamous tennis shoes - at 7:45 am - along with my white, floppy straw hat to protect my head.  It was quite the fashion statement.  I managed to force myself outside in the humidity and strolled to the end of the cul-de-sac, turned the corner (after checking to see which side of the street had the most shade) and walked to Wedgewood.  I then turned around and came back home.  I think my lung was as shocked as my legs!  But, it was a beginning and who knows, maybe I'll do it again before the day is over. MAYBE.

My dad finally had his knee replacement surgery yesterday at Methodist.  He's been trying to get it done since the first week in March and they've had to cancel twice.  He did well and will be in the hospital until Monday or Tuesday. I've been banned from hanging out at the hospital, so I guess I won't see him until he's home.

Everyone enjoy your day off today (if you're lucky enough to have one) and try to get a little more exercise that I have.  Shouldn't be too hard!

Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave an encouraging comment for Rhonda. Thanks for your support!