Actually, I'm feeling pretty good after Monday's treatment, better than I have in the past. It's amazing what a blood transfusion and three days in the hospital will do for you. I also started giving myself shots to help boost my white blood cell production. I'm always amazed when I go in with a new side effect and they whip out the treatment. I'm so thankful for those chemo patients who went before me all those years ago. They were true experimental cases and I'm reaping the benefits years down the road. Hopefully the energy level will hold after next week's long treatment and there won't be any more delays in the schedule.
Kevin is working at Firestone for the rest of the summer. They offered him a job after he started at Home Depot. The money and hours were better and he's getting to do something besides work a cash register. He comes home pretty dirty and pretty tired most days. Katie is counting down the days until she moves into her apartment in Houston on August 14th. Unfortunately, I won't be much help - again! I guess that means the summer is really winding down. The other clue is all those dratted school supplies in the stores! I'll probably be 80 years old and still have that knee-jerk reaction when I see bins of pens, pencils, and spirals with the Back to School signs.
Thanks again for the extra prayer support last week. I know it helped me pull through faster and in a decent frame of mind. Again, we had excellent nursing care although I quickly figured out that being in the hospital without major pain medicine is much more boring! The bed is also harder when you can really feel it. Thanks, also, for the cards that continue to come to the house. I really appreciate everyone continuing to think about me.
Love, Rhonda
Glad that you are feeling better after this last treatment! Maybe that's a good sign! Enjoy the game! Andy really liked sitting behind homeplate!
ReplyDeleteDear Rhonda,
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you are up and around (well sort of) and have something exciting like the game. I have the same feeling with school supplies although our end is near. July 31 teachers go back and kids come the 6th. Liz goes back to class on the 24th. A much more decent time. I remember my own hospital stays and they were never pleasant. Drugs are a definite must. Finished up painting except for a little spot at the top of the stairs that no one can reach. We will have to borrow an extension ladder.
Love and prayers,
Melissa