Mom's still waiting to see the doctor as of right now and may be home tonight, but may come home tomorrow. I'll let you know when I find out for sure.
The Facts - Cancer Free!
Diagnosis: One quarter-size malignant tumor
Location: Lower lobe of left lung
Treatment: Surgery & Chemotherapy - Successful!
Prognosis: Excellent
Chance of Recurrence: Small
In case you haven't heard, Rhonda has been declared cancer free by her oncologist!!!
Monday, July 13, 2009
Hospital Update
Sorry its been two days since I told you Mom's in the hospital with no news since. There isn't much to tell though. She's been on antibiotics and fluids and had an abdominal CT yesterday. A resident came in with her CT results today and said that she has a few spots of diverticulitis which is an inflammation or infection of diverticula in the colon. Fun, right? The resident told her that the antibiotic she'd been on since admission helps the diverticulitis and they started her on a second, I assume, more targeted antibiotic earlier today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Katie - Thanks for the update. I was wondering if Rhonda was home yet. Since I am in Austin, I feel out of touch. I am praying that she gets to come home soon! Hospital stays, while often necessay, aren't lots of fun!
ReplyDelete