Seriously, though, I was blessed this weekend with family and friends. My kids went back to school, ready to gut out the last month of the semester. Katie is counting the days to graduation and Kevin is just counting the days. Yesterday was a school holiday so I saw several friends that chose to spend part of their day off visiting me. I felt very honored!
The weather here is beautiful at the moment. Quick! It will change if you don't look fast enough. There are always a few days in the spring and a few days in the fall that are completely perfect on the Gulf Coast. Yesterday and today are two of them. Yesterday I decided to take my book outside and sit under the big oak tree in my front yard. There was a nice breeze and amazingly little humidity, so I settled in to read a little bit. A few minutes passed and I heard this "plop" somewhere nearby. I looked up, saw nothing and went back to reading. "Plop". I heard it again and looked up in time to see a wooly caterpillar drop out of the tree and into the grass about 5 feet in front of me. YUK - it's caterpillar season. It occurred to me that I could do myself damage pretty quickly if one of those things landed on ME, so I dragged my chair over to the driveway where there was no overhang. I stayed a while longer, but the mood was pretty much ruined once I realized I was trying to read with one eye and watch for worms with the other.
Please continue to pray for me to have patience. I want it right now! It's hard to realize it has been less that 3 weeks since my surgery - it seems like an eternity to me. There's so many things my mind is willing to do, but my body balks at. Like climbing those stairs. I still haven't made it to the second floor!
Once again, thanks to everyone who has brought food to the house. We're eating like royalty and have frozen leftovers for later days. We really love and appreciate all of you!
Rhonda
Actually, we haven't had BESS in years. You have been officially "Surf Watched," however. Guess it doesn't really matter what you call it - the end result is the same. I called to ask why but I had to leave voicemail and never got an answer. I had talked to Amber last week and she said they were going to keep blogspot open. Who knows what some wayward child found that made them close it. I will keep asking. I am going to have to get up earlier so I can check all my blogs I read!
ReplyDeletePlease don't let this small setback affect you will to blog!
ReplyDeleteHello Rhonda!
ReplyDeleteHow are you this afternoon? Do you feel better with the staples out? We are praying for you!
God Bless you! Love you all!
Ken, June and Kenna