The Facts - Cancer Free!

Diagnosis: One quarter-size malignant tumor
Location: Lower lobe of left lung
Treatment: Surgery & Chemotherapy - Successful!
Prognosis: Excellent
Chance of Recurrence: Small
In case you haven't heard, Rhonda has been declared cancer free by her oncologist!!!

Thank you to all the friends and family who have expressed their concern, support, and encouragement. Praise the Lord that Rhonda's tumor was found early. The process of diagnosis and planning treatment went quickly in March, and recovery from surgery progressed smoothly across April. The four months of chemotherapy ended in mid-September. Now, on to recovery from the chemo. The doctor says it may take up to six months for Rhonda to regain her physical strength, so please keep praying!

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Observation #9

Observation #9:

Nasal breathing tubes (that go w/ the oxygen tank) are like baby passifers. The first time you drop it on the floor you're horrified and wonder what would happen if you boiled it. You quickly skip to the step of rinsing it off in hot water. Before you know it you're envoking the Five Second Rule and wiping it off on a sheet or blanket. Everyone of you out there recognizes those steps and can visualize me doing them. The problem is that I have to use the 30 second rule because I can't bend over that fast.

Katie and David have gone out to eat, which is good for both of them. David hasn't been out in the "real world" since Saturday so a refresher venture should make it easier to put up with me. At least I hope it does!

Love, Rhonda

6 comments:

  1. I have been keeping up with your blog daily and am glad to hear you are making progress, even if it is slow. I thought I'd save my visits for when you get home. Since I'm free during the day I can come bring you lunch whenever and I won't forget.
    Hope to see you at your house next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rhonda,

    We have kept up with your progress daily on the blog. Great news that you got the tubes out of your neck. Praying for the pain and for David. Looking forward to seeing you when you get home.

    Love ya, Sheree & Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know you are still "bendable." Speed has never been a requirement for that skill and is actually discouraged. Happy for the updates. We are all glad to know how you are doing. Hope you will be blogging from home soon. Nothing is better than your own bed.
    Love and prayers, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rhonda,
    I just wanted to let you know that I have been praying for you and that it is good to hear that you are making some positive progress. We are missing the good smells from your hallway...all we are getting these days are burned popcorn smells and strange odors like dirty feet! (just joking). Darby Simkins says HI! She is sitting in my class as I post this.
    Take care sweetie!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Mrs. Hearne,
    I just wanted to tell you that you are in my prayers and its good to see that things seem to be getting better :)

    -Nathan Roznovsky

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave an encouraging comment for Rhonda. Thanks for your support!