None of you were invited, but we had a party early this afternoon. Praise God and a surgical nurse (who is my new BFF) the last chest tube is gone along w/ the heart monitor! I am a "free" woman who has thrown off the clutter of surgery. If I pass the chest xray test in the morning I'll be able to go home. I'm desperate enough to get out of here that I might try to find out how to study for the thing! I had decided that if I was still here Monday I was going to speak to someone about ordering curtains and painting a lovely beach scene on the wall. It appears I won't have to go to such drastic measures, but I'm still holding the plans in reserve. Just in case the test is tricky.
We had a quick visit with the Dawson family as they drove by on their way to Dallas. It IS Ranger baseball Opening Day on Monday. For those of you who don't know Brad Dawson, our youth pastor, his family has been at Opening Day festivities for a bizillion years without missing a single one. I feel honored they took the time to stop instead of just waving as they drove by!
The pulmonary doc came by, took a listen and told me that staying in bed was the worst thing I could do. Unfortunately, he said it in front of David...
That's it for now - I just had to share the great news and tell you to do a happy dance in my honor.
Love,
Rhonda
Rhonda,
ReplyDeleteThis Baptist is DANCING!!!!!
See you soon----betty
Go Girl! Too bad you won't be able to help them redecorate...I'm sure you & Martha could do the place wonders! I'm betting on you that you will escape tomorrow(either way-ha). Can't wait for you to get home and be up to more visitors. I wasn't up at 3:45am but by 5am..does that count. I went and cleaned at the church and they guys painted some on the outside. Home to recuperate and have a lite lunch before going to dinner with friends. Keep up the good work and laughs
ReplyDeleteDancing is good aerobic exercise - go for it. You will doing the macarena before too long and then on to the Hustle (I know you remember that one!). If that doesn't suit you - make David take you to the next Polkafest in East Bernard. That will get your circulation going.
ReplyDeleteAs previously stated, I am good at thinking up things for other people to do.
HOORAY! You are a free woman without any extra appendages! Now we just need to get you HOME!
ReplyDeleteSharon :-)
Super news!!!!! See you LJ soon!!!
ReplyDeleteSusan and Mike